Thursday, February 11, 2010

"I feel the earth move under my feet"

A couple of years ago there was a small earthquake somewhere in southern IL. It was enough to wake me up and I thought "I think that was an earthquake" then went back to bed. Yesterday early morning was a little different. I was awakened at 4am with the whole house shaking. When I lived in a condo that I didn't own I felt a little less responsibility. Now, when I wake up to the house I own shaking my first thought was still earthquake but then I thought "What if it was something else?" Dawnielle said, "Was that the wind?" That would have been a serious and long gust of wind. So I got up to check it out. I thought it may have been a car skidding off of the road in the snow and hitting the house. Or maybe the furnace (which has issues) exploded. Got up only to find nothing wrong. Went back to bed only to find out the next morning that it was in fact an earthquake with the epicenter only about 20 miles away from us.

News Story: Click Here

No comments: